Thursday, July 7

{Customer Feature} Ice Cream Social

I'm taking a little jaunt to my favorite antique show today -- Scott's Antiques in Atlanta. If you've never been it's well worth whatever effort your have to put in to get there. It's amazing and definitely my kind of fun! I can wait to see what's in store from the hundreds of vendors who congregate there once a month from literally all over the country. And best of all, my oldest daughter is going with me and we get to spend a little one on one time "mommy style!" 

But before I go, I wanted to share this great idea from one of my readers (and customers) Charlene. She created an adorable ice cream bar for a recent going away party. She is a wiz at finding a way to use things she has on hand to pull together a quick and easy party table. 

Charlene says she used napkins left over from previous parties, a white tablecloth she already owned and some red, circular placemats from IKEA that she already owned to create fun pops of color. And I love this - she used the red/white paper from my July 4th printables collection and the blue/white dot paper from my Go Kart party collection (both of which she had previously purchased for other parties) and created a banner to hang over the table. I love how resourceful she is!


Photobucket


Adding a few grocery store items like brownie bites, crushed Oreos, sprinkles, cherries and other toppings into sundae glasses is a fantastic way to make a party table as easy as it is adorable. Charlene even found the red sundae cups at the Dollar Tree.


Photobucket

And isn't the root beer float a great idea. Making your own floats from a variety of root beer flavors - how much fun!

Thanks Charlene, for the fabulous inspiration. I can't wait to see what you send me next!


Photobucket

18 comments:

JC's Loft said...

How cute! Love the pops of color and all of the things she used that she already owned...that's my kind of party : )

Paula

Maggie Lamarre said...

Amanda,
I luv luv your parties they are always so bright and inviting...

this is really kewl...
Don't forget to add it to our weekly party for our readers to discover.
http://www.passionatelyartistic.com/2011/07/weekly-talent-search-with-linking-party.html
Thanks
Maggie

BluBabesCreate said...

I will gladly take the ice cream headache for this!

Unknown said...

What a great party theme! Who doesn't love ice cream!?

Katie said...

Love your blog! What is the best way to get you the pictures I have taken of your wonderful projects in use? I have tried to tag ShinDig on Facebook but am not able to?

Amanda's Parties TO GO said...

Hi Katie,

My email is best for sending photos. It's shindigparties@gmail.com. Thanks!!

Amanda

Modern Frills said...

LOVED the party!

East Coast Mommy said...

So much fun! I am going to have to find an occasion to host an ice cream party!

Leslie said...

Just beautiful!

Unknown said...

yum I love ice cream, this would be so much fun!
Just in case you want to know, in Australia we don't have root beer and we call them spiders instead of floats!

btanders said...

Very cute. Looks like LOTS of fun!

Unknown said...

So glad I found your blog!! I love throwing parties as well! Just started blogging and found out about link parties so now I am hooked! This ice cream social is so fun and love the color combo you picked!

Amanda @ Frills and Frolic said...

1. I love ice cream & 2. The color combo: red & aqua!

Great party! Pinning this to my ice cream board!

Amanda

frillsandfrolic.blogspot.com

pinterest.com/amandamorris

Six Sisters said...

Oh my gosh! These just get better and better! We would love for you to come share this at our "Strut Your Stuff Saturday" link party! http://sixsistersstuff.blogspot.com/2011/07/strut-your-stuff-saturday-week-2.html

Love,
The Sisters @ sixsistersstuff.blogspot.com

Jennifer said...

Hi Amanda! I came across this post on Skip To My Lou...I love the idea of an Ice Cream Social...how fun!

I'm hosting a linky party at my blog Fusion Fridays { http://janedeereblog.blogspot.com }

I would love it if you would link up!

Michelle {Daydream Believers} said...

The colors are so fun together! I hosted an ice cream social for my littlest this year - such a fun theme! :) I'm lovin' the root beer floats at this party, especially with the old school Faygo bottles! Very nice! :) Michelle

Cindy Rippe said...

Really cute! It was National Ice Cream Day yesterday too!

Leslie said...

This just goes to show how we can use patterns beyond their intended purpose...LOVE the bright colors. Thanks for sharing!